Throwzone Academy is pleased to announce our 5th annual Youth Summer Training Camp!
With summer vacation starting in 5-6 weeks and players needing to get out of the house and practice during June, our camp is the perfect solution to keep your young pitcher busy after school gets out. Plus, dropping your player off at Throwzone for a few hours each week may even give you parents time to do whatever you need to do!
Our youth camp will be run similarly to our college and high school camps.
This 6-week training is consistent with our summer conditioning and throwing program. It will feature both throwing and pitching conditioning and involve all of our summer lifting, agility, and explosiveness workouts as well as our throwing measurement using radar readings for immediate feedback on strength and throwing velocity. The camp will also involve a mental training and mindset pre-workout before our conditioning, which includes videos, worksheets, and breathing techniques.
As we deal with the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, let me assure you there will be multiple safeguards in place for player safety. Some of these safeguards include:
- Taking the temperature (with a digital thermometer) of every player that walks in the door for camp. If your son’s temperature is above 100.4 degrees, then we will have to have him go home for the day until it gets better.
- Daily disinfecting, heavy cleaning, and sanitizing.
- Players will either wash their hands or use hand sanitizer as soon as they walk in the door as well as after class.
- Masks will be used at the discretion of players, and coaches will use them when close distance teaching is needed.
- Social distancing will be enforced as needed.
The class schedule will consist of the following activities each day:
- Mindset video and relaxation drills to start our day right
- Dynamic stretch and agility conditioning
- Explosive activity conditioning that will focus on training the core and lower half
- Med-ball core strengthening
- Arm care
- Deceleration and pronation stations
- Weighted ball protocols
- Mound work with mechanical assessments each day
- Post-workout arm conditioning
The camp will be held on the following dates:
June 16th – July 23rd
Wednesdays and Fridays
Camp will run from 10:00am to 12:00pm
This program is for players ages 9 to 12!
Camp will only be available to 12 TOTAL students. Registration will be on a first come, first serve basis. As of now, we already have 4 players signed up. As soon as 12 players are registered, camp will be closed. No exceptions this year!
Camp cost is as follows:
$679 for all 12 sessions (6 weeks)
$495 for 8 sessions (4 weeks)
$315 for 4 sessions (2 weeks)
Camp cost also includes a video analysis.
A deposit of $100 reserves your spot. Venmo is preferable (@throwzone under the name James Wagner), but credit card, check, or cash are also accepted. The remainder of the payment will be due by the first day of class on Wednesday, June 16th.
Our camp will sell out on the first day, so the sooner you reach out the better your chance of reserving a spot!
Summer training is the perfect complement to summer baseball. Plus, youth players will get their first experience of the type of training our high-level high school and college players do. You can be assured they will love the competitive atmosphere along with receiving training that will lay the foundation for building up their arm strength for years to come.
Our camps are tailored to fit the requirements players are expected to meet once they report back to their respective schools or universities. Throwzone Academy camps have been a staple of summer training, and now we’re tailoring our camp to the youth player!
Being able to maintain a healthy and strong arm is what makes a player stand out in a region where there are baseball games all year long. This is one of the top reasons to get a head start on or simply maintain your competitive edge during the baseball season!
Sign up today to register for this successful training camp at Southern California’s top baseball pitching-only training facility.
We look forward to seeing your son this summer!